15 September 2008

Small Victories

Today, on a cross-trainer, I ran 3.5 miles in 50 minutes, and I wasn't even exhausted by the end.

This was, of course, after the full-body workout in my strength-training class. (I know it would be better to do the cardio before lifting, but that would involve me being out of the house at 7 a.m., which, if you know me, isn't going to happen. 7:50 is miraculous enough.)

For some people, 3.5 mi/50 minutes might not seem to be that big of a deal. I've always been terrible at running. I was one of those kids that maybe squeezed the mile run in under 12 minutes. So for me, this is pretty cool. And I'm doing it again Wednesday.

1 comment:

bdraeger said...

Haha. Maybe not today, as I missed class this morning. Since strength training is MWF, I can't really make up the workout easily (shouldn't do two days in a row), but maybe I'll get the run in tomorrow, at least.