17 February 2008

sweater update and a mite of sadness

So! I have just spent the larger portion of the last 36 hours on the OSCA Board Retreat. It was good times. Not the most academically productive of times, but who really expected it to be that, anyway?

What I did accomplish was the three-needle underarm bind off (without the US 4 dpns I knit with), the weaving in, and embroidery of the 'C' on my new little gray and maroon phone sweater. Now, my phone is all cozy. Of course, it doesn't need it as much right now, since the snow and ice are all melting in the rain. But my phone is adorable, once again.

The sadness began this morning. When I woke up, I realized that the toe of one of my Gryffindor Quidditch socks (the one that happened to be on the right foot) had a small hole, near the tip of the second toe. I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DARN SOCKS! Perhaps I'll see if anyone at Smith's knows how. Once I remember what size needle I knit the socks on... If worse comes to worst, I can always reknit the toe, since they were done top-down.

...Were they really top-down?

...Yes...I'm pretty sure...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, no! Darn those holy socks!

Love,
Colin