06 January 2011

January in a Five-Item List: 5-1-11

1. Told really terrible jokes to sixth graders by having them crack codes:
  • What do sheep do on sunny days? Have a baa-baa-cue!
  • Why couldn't the skeleton go to the dance? He had no body to go with!
  • Where do aliens keep their sandwiches? In a launch box!
And my favorite:
  • How much do pirates pay for their earrings? A buccaneer!
2. I thought they were funny. No one else agreed. So Peter wrote his own joke in code:

  • Peter's joke: What's the best thing to come out of Iowa? I-35.

3. Coffee and knitting date with the Amoeba! By which I mean, I drank some hot chocolate.


Also, Amoeba is working on her first sock!


4. Turns out the second, third, and fourth graders in the afternoon didn't think the jokes were that funny either.

5. Modern Family and sock finishing. Amoeba has since turned her heel and is almost at the toe!

1 comment:

angela said...

Love the photos. And your lists. Made me smile.

I like bad jokes. Real stories always make me laugh more though.