02 January 2011

Reviving the Tradition: January in a Five-Item List: 1-1-11

1. Rang in the new year at the fabulous Coale's Bar and Grill in St. Paul. I spent the evening hanging out with the Amoeba and falling in love with drag kings. Note the residual green and orange in my eyebrows in this photo:


2. The Amoeba and I met her parents for lunch. They're both psychologists, which is slightly terrifying. I was kind of (irrationally) worried that they were analyzing my every behavior. (Really, I've probably just been watching too many crime shows.)

3. Several episodes of NCIS and SVU accompanied the knitting of the Devon socks from Cookie A's Sock Innovation. Yarn: Malabrigo Sock in Botticelli Red (a gift from the lovely kirinlemon, who is back in the country!). Knit the heel flap, heel, gusset, and some foot. Such progress!

4. My mother made me what might have been the most delicious grilled cheese sandwich I have ever eaten.

5. West Wing, with my dad. (Episodes: Ellie, and Somebody's Going to Emergency, Somebody's Going to Jail.) I freaking love this show.