14 January 2008

Sh*t! (now with (somewhat deflated) verdict)

This isn't even the gauge gods exacting revenge. This is me being stupid.

IF YOUR NAME IS DANIELLE/BELLA/GEORGE/GREGOROVITCH,

STOP

READING

NOW

I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONSEQUENCES IF YOU CONTINUE.

...Working on top secret Xmas present for Danielle (who's currently in Japan!) and get this: I inadvertently used two different needles sizes. Here's what happened: I was working on some ribbing on it, and originally planning to do the ribbing on size 7s and then switch to 8s. Apparently, I never switched over. Not realizing this, I went and made another part of it on 8s and now I'm going to connect them.

Should I go through with it? Should I eknitray the eevesslay, or go ahead with the ouldersshay? It's only one needle size. Also, the pieces on the 8s work perfectly now and would have to be resized for size 7s.

Advice is welcome (and needed!).

---

I sent an email out to some friends and received (conflicting) responses. The verdict: RIBBIT. It's frogging time. I figure maybe I'll watch a movie or two tonight and get as much done as I can.

---

(2-13-8)

Ha ha, you guys! I totally never reknit the sleeves. I did a couple of rows on the sevens, and was never really able to tell the difference (in terms of finding the row where I switched over). So I have sleeves and body-shoulders in different gauges. The only problem is now, there are people who keep requesting a pattern for the sweater, and I would have to either include that as a weirdo design element or mentally rework the sleeves and tell people to knit something different from what is shown. I'm not sure how I feel about that second one, though. However, I suppose that's how working out the math for other sizes of the garment would be, wouldn't it?

No comments: